Carisma Scale Adventure is proud to offer this 313mm Wheelbase SCA-1E version of the iconic 1986 Subaru Brat, or 'Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter' to give it its full title! Its engrained in both automotive and R/C history with its immediately recognizable flowing lines and "ahead of its time" styling.
The original vehicle was designed in Japan as an export-only vehicle and was sold in most major territories under different names. It soon had a global following, with even President Ronald Reagan owning one on his ranch late into the 90's. Interestingly it also became a cult gray-market import vehicle back in Japan itself. The nostalgic design still inspires Off-Road RC fans of all ages, but until now it was only available in RC circles as a 2WD self-build kit. But times have changed...
Carisma Scale Adventure now offers you the chance to own this iconic 80's pickup. Based on a 313mm wheelbase 4WD SCA-1E RTR rig the officially licensed body was faithfully reproduced working directly with Subaru themselves. When combined with the durability and performance of the exciting SCA-1E bloodline and Gen 2 Hop Ups, you have a rig that's just at home bashing and trail running as it is rock crawling. Keep it box stock for that classic 80's look, or add additional detailing like a working winch, scale accessories, and LED lighting (sold separately) to take things up a notch.
Out of the box it's the perfect trail runner, yet still capable of milder forms of rock crawling. By weighting the front wheels and adding any of Carisma's range of performance accessories like brass hexes or diff covers, you can then hit the rocks and attempt difficult lines and obstacles. Carisma didn't compromise on the spec or detail, so you shouldn't have to compromise where and when you can run it.
- (4) AA batteries for the transmitter
- Suitable 7.2V NiMH or 7.4V 2S LiPo pack
- Suitable charger
- Officially licensed, photorealistic 1986 Subaru Brat body
- 35T crawler brushed motor for the perfect balance of speed and torque.
- 313mm wheelbase steel C-section ladder chassis, with Gen 2 shock towers
- Forward weight bias battery mount position to enhance crawling capability
- ARC-1 ESC with improved throttle feel and voltage protection
- Chassis-mounted steering servo position offering additional scale realism
- Steel U-Joint equipped driveline for robust power transfer
- Symmetrical 1.9 true beadlock Carisma Scale Adventure wheels
- Soft compound 110mm ATAT (All Terrain Adventure Tires)
- Adjustable Slipper Clutch-protected transmission
- Full FHSS 2.4GHz Radio System