Team Losi Racing 22 5.0 SR Spec Racer - Spec Class Supremacy
- Weighs under the ROAR 1499g minimum, out of the box
- Lightweight and long lasting SR drivetrain
- Direct Drive System (DDS) included as standard
- Laydown transmission configuration
- Stiffezel suspension components
- Adjustable rear shock location
- Built-In Motor Fan Mount
- Lightweight body
- 2.0 Milled aluminum chassis
- Aluminum-plate rear hub
- Gen3 12mm big-bore shocks
- Ballast tuning options (ballast sold separately)
- Many popular option parts included as standard
- Improved SR Drivetrain: The innovative 22 SR differential with the aluminum diff assembly and composite outdrives provide the easiest to maintain and lightest diff system. For the 5.0 SR, we've replaced the composite outdrive rings with longer CNC machined aluminum rings to improve the outdrive durability for today's ultra-high grip clay tracks. Still focused on durability, the 22 5.0 SR has also moved to use the steel SR driveshafts, which have a smaller diameter than the stock steel driveshafts for weight savings, but they offer a substantial increase in durability over the aluminum SR driveshaft option.
- Direct Drive System: Included is TLR's innovative and maximized Direct Drive System (DDS) with an ultra-light and short layshaft, aluminum spur gear hubs, and a 72T molded spur gear. By eliminating the slipper assembly, several grams of rotating mass are removed, and there is no power lost with the motor driving the spur but not the transmission. You will feel the extra snap and torque when exiting turns and accelerating over hard to clear jumps.
- Revamped Steering Geometry: The 22 5.0 is the best driving 2WD buggy Team Losi Racing has ever created and the biggest improvement comes from the steering geometry. Increasing the length of the steering bell cranks and spindle arms, along with changes to the Ackermann angle give the 22 5.0 a significantly smoother steering feel, especially off-center and high speed, while increasing low-speed steering for tighter tracks and 180's.
- G3 12mm Big Bore Shocks: The G3 shocks have been completely revamped and improved. The main performance improvement comes from changing to a 3.0mm shock shaft diameter, the 22 5.0 feels "alive" around the track while also landing better with an improved compression/rebound balance. Other improvements include: Screw mounted pistons, redesigned molded shock caps, thinner shock collar which give 3mm more spring adjustment, locking eyelets and spring cups, -3mm, 0mm and 4mm spring cups, easy to install shock end balls, standard and +2mm length eyelets.
- 2.0 Milled Aluminum Chassis: Changing from the 2.5mm thick chassis plate, the 22 5.0 has been improved with a 2.0mm thick chassis plate. The thinner chassis provides more flex and grip, making the 22 5.0 easier to drive and less prone to flipping, as well as absorbing bumps and round landings far better.
- Fully Updated Ball Differential: Using all of the revised components from the 22 2.0 ball differential, the 22 5.0 diff delivers super-smooth, long-lasting performance. Improvements include a larger diameter diff screw, harder, longer lasting thrust washers, and a stiffer diff spring for improved durability and thrust assembly life. Other features include tungsten carbide diff and thrust balls, a one piece nut, and a self-centering diff gear.
- Lightweight 22 5.0 Body: Maintaining the excellent balance, grip, and stability of the 22 4.0 body with a similar styling, the 22 5.0 Lightweight (LW) body is pulled from 0.7mm PC plate to keep the center of gravity (CG) low, and the static weight even lower. As with all TLR bodies, the 5.0 body will be precut in the kit.
- TLR Front Wing Included: With the higher speed, higher grip tracks of today, a front wing will increase steering in high speed turns and on power, while making the steering on entry smoother - the best of all worlds. And, it's included in the kit.
- Wheels Included: TLR Kits still include a full set of fluorescent yellow wheels to get racers on the track quickly. The 22 5.0 does include the Stiffezel front wheels which provide more consistent front grip, and more steering in high load turns.
- All Metric Hardware: Using all metric hardware make it easy to find replacement screws, nuts and washers, and helps to limit the number to tools required in the toolbox.
- Diff Height Adjustment: The 22 4.0 included diff height adjustments including 0 and +3.5mm settings. The 22 5.0 SR includes 0 and +1mm heights to optimize bone angle and bone plunge for different grip levels.
- Front Roll Center Adjustment: The 22 5.0 includes the standard Low Roll Center (LRC) front pivot with kick shim in the kit and offers the optional High Roll Center (HRC) front pivot separately. Also included in the kit is a 1mm thick kick shim which allows for incremental adjustments. Now, racers can run the Super Low Roll Center, Low Roll Center, Medium Roll Center, or High Roll Center, with a 3mm adjustment window.
- Redesigned Front Camber Block: The front camber block adds a third camber link option between the tradition inside and outside holes. The position provides the best balance of steering and stability in many conditions, and allows the 22 5.0 to be more dialed-in on more different grip levels.
- Redesigned Battery Hold Down: The 22 5.0 boasts the most versatile and easiest to use battery hold down system. The battery cradles key into the mud guards for five fixed, and easy to replicate, battery positions. The battery is then held down with elastomer straps on each end that can stretch to fit any height shorty battery and any weight plates under it. Best of all, the battery is out in no time flat and back in just as easily.
- Optimized Composites, Stiffezel: The balance and consistency of the 22 5.0 can be tuned using different composite materials in key parts throughout the vehicle. The kit included the parts the race team prefers: Stiffezel front suspension arms, soft rear suspension arms, standard mud guards, and standard waterfall.
- Adjustable Rear Shock Location: The rear shock tower can be flipped for a forward or rearward bias. This means the G3 rear shocks can be mounted in front of the rear tower and suspension arm, or in the traditional location on the back of the arm. This is a popular tuning option for high-grip surfaces that increases forward weight bias, rear end stability, and landing ability.
- Aluminum-Plate Rear Hub: The molded-composite hub base allows a bearing to be press fit without play and minimal un-sprung weight. An aluminum plate is secured to the hub with an M3 screw and ball stud which is vertically adjustable. Now the ball stud is supported by aluminum from pushing or pulling out, while still threading into composite so it won’t work loose.
- Ballast Tuning Options: Optional brass ballast weighs can be mounted under the battery, and under the laydown transmission idler. This makes it easy to tune the static weight and weight bias for changing track conditions. When running a higher static weight, the chassis will become more neutral and easier to drive on ultra-high-grip surfaces.
- TLR 6.5" Rear Wing: Pulled from ultra-durable 1.2mm polycarbonate, the TLR 6.5" rear wing isn't new for the 5.0. Instead, this wing has proven itself as the longest lasting and most stable rear wing available for 1/10 2wd buggies over the past few years - and it comes in the kit.
- Built-In Motor Fan Mount: The prevalence of spec racing has led to the need for many racers to run motor fans to keep temperatures lower. Rather than an aluminum mount, or double-sided tape, the 22 5.0 includes a molded fan mount secured to the mud guard for easy and dependable fan mounting.
- Narrow Idler and Diff Gears: To reduce weight and friction in the driveline, the 22 5.0 idler gear and main diff gear have both been CNC machined to be substantially narrower. The impact on the track is noticeable with quicker acceleration and less drag at top speeds.
- Laydown Configuration: The laydown 3-gear transmission moves the motor forward by 20mm+ to a more centralized location. The benefit is a chassis that drives much flatter and carries more corner speed.
Approximate Assembly Time: 3-5 Hours
Ball Bearings: Full Rubber Sealed Ball Bearings
Body: 22 5.0 Cab Forward, 0.7mm LW
Brakes: Controlled via Motor/ESC
Chassis: 2mm Milled Plate, 7075-T6 Aluminum
Completion Level: Kit
Differential: Ball Differential
Front Track: 9.8 in (248.5mm)
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Height: 5.8 in (148mm)
Internal Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
Length: 15.0 in (382mm)
Rear Track: 9.8 in (250mm)
Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Oil Filled
Spur Gear: 72T
Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
Track: 9.8 in (250mm)
Vehicle Type: Buggy
Wheel Diameter: 2.2 in (56mm)
Wheel Hex Size: 12mm Hex
Wheel Type: 22 Dish, 12mm Hex
Wheelbase: 11.0 in(280mm)
Width: 9.8 in (250mm)
- (1) TLR 22 5.0 SR Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy Dirt/Clay
- (1) Product Manual
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear